What is AMP?
The Accelerated Mobile Pages (“AMP”) Project is an open source initiative backed by google which aims to dramatically improve the performance of the mobile web. Using AMP will allow webpages with rich content like video, animations and graphics to work alongside smart ads, and to load instantaneously as compared to slow loading experienced currently. Another main goal of AMP is to have same code work across multiple platforms and devices so that content can appear everywhere in an instant—no matter what type of phone, tablet or mobile device one is using.
How AMP will benefit your business?
We have summarized some of the major benefits for your business and listed them below:
- Faster Loading mobile pages: One of the main benefits of website pages developed with AMP is that the pages load upto 85% faster than websites with non-AMP pages. Various studies show that mobile users usually abandon a website that takes longer than 3 seconds to load. Thus, businesses that adopt AMP could help to drive mobile abandonment rates down and increase conversions.
- Promotes Enhanced Distribution: Publishers can take advantage of AMP to make their content appear everywhere quickly — across platforms and apps — which can in turn lead to more revenue via ads and subscriptions.
- Increased Search rankings: Being backed by Google, AMP will help improve your google rankings as current non-AMP mobile responsive pages will rank lower than AMP mobile pages. Besides, google search results will clearly display AMP symbols for AMP sites. The inclusion of these symbols could probably lead to better click through rates for these pages as search results will not only stand out more but users will start to look for AMP pages due to their quicker loading times.
- Help monetize your website with smart – ads: AMP aims to support a range of ad networks, formats and technologies to ensure ads can render quickly and smoothly in the browser and do not degrade a site’s user experience. This should help advertisers to increase their ROI on ad spend.
- Automatically track Visitor Analytics: AMP will provide a few tags which will help companies to automatically track visitor data such as new vs returning visitors, visitor counts, clicks & conversions, video tracking and much more.
Who should use Accelerated Mobile Pages?
The project is open for everyone and all businesses with any published content such as blogs, news stories, videos, photos etc. should definitely make use of AMP to make their websites faster, rank better and to avail all other benefits we have listed above.